It is a language which is also known as dynamic, loosely typed and multi-paradigm.
Eich took only 10 days to develop the scripting language known as Mocha.
When it was first delivered, it was made for Netscape Navigator and quickly became popular as LiveScript.
So the scripting language was officially named as ‘ECMAScript’.
- Client-side validation
- Dynamic drop-down menu
- Displaying date and time at any moment
- Validate user input in an HTML form before form submission(
sendingthedata to a server)
- Build forms that respond to user input without involving a
- Change the appearance of HTML elements
- Open, close and redirection of new windows or frames
- Manipulate HTML layers
likehiding, moving, and allowing the user to drag them around a browser window
- Build complete client side programs
popupwindows and dialog boxes (e.g., alert dialog box ,confirmdialog box and prompt dialog box)
- Displaying clocks
- Server Load: Being client-side reduces the demand on the website server thereby decreasing overall load.
- Client-Side Security: As the code is executed on the users’ computer, in some cases it can be exploited for malicious purposes which are not desirable.
Note: There are services out there that will allow you to test your code automatically on check in of an update to make sure all browsers support your code.