What is the full form of CS?
There are two different full forms of CS, in commerce, it is Company Secretary, and in the computer, it is Computer Science.
CS is an abbreviation for Company Secretary. It is a senior position in both the commercial and governmental sectors.
It is one of the highest-paying occupations—employees with this accreditation control essential company activities and reports progress and concerns to board members.
The company secretary’s responsibility includes strictly following board members’ decisions.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is in charge of regulating the profession of a Company Secretary in India, and it was founded in 1980 by an Act of Parliament.
Computer Science is the full version of the term. The computer science branch is concerned with analyzing computers, information technologies, and computing structures, including computer hardware and computer software.
A computer scientist is in charge of the software in this profession.
Computer networks, computer systems and security systems, database systems, programming languages, numerical analysis, software engineering, computer theory, machine learning, IOT and artificial intelligence are the main areas of study in CS.
CS full form in Commerce
The company secretary is an abbreviation for the most often used term, CS. It is a course for professional specialization.
CS is a high-ranking post in both the business and governmental sectors.
It is one of the highest-paying occupations in the private sector and large government agencies.
Professionals with this credential are responsible for vital business utilities and tracking progress and challenges for board members.
The company secretary also ensures that board member evaluations are rigorously carried out.
In addition to his secretarial duties, CS is in charge of finance, accounting, legal, administrative, and personnel operations.
The role begins with starting a firm when the concept is conceived. However, the specific duty of a business secretary differs from one firm to the next.
A large or medium-sized firm’s tasks include amalgamation, public issues such as citation of shares and debentures, handling of applications for managerial positions, compensation, inter-corporate investments and loans, the conduct of board and general meetings and preservation of chronicles, filing returns, project financing groundwork, and acting as an internal legal consultant and representative when needed.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India regulates the profession of Company Secretary in India.
The Act of Parliament was founded in 1980. The institution ensures that its members deliver high-quality study modules and management.
The institution also assists students in obtaining work in high-profile private and public companies.
Company Secretary’s Role
A range of extra administrative activities is required of the company secretary. Typical examples include:
- Company pension plan
- Share scheme administration
- Registration for PAYE and payroll VAT
- Management of the company’s buildings and premises
- Compliance with data protection and health and safety regulations by office management
- Intellectual property rights
Company Secretary’s Salary
Company secretaries often receive a commensurate salary to their degree of expertise.
Consequently, initial payment is usually low, but there is plenty of advancement.
In India, a monthly beginning pay might range from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000.
There is also a lot of possibility for advancement here, since experience and a reputable employer may raise a business secretary’s income to Rs. 200,000 per month.
Company secretaries often get several non-monetary advantages, including paid vacation, insurance, and access to credit for housing and transportation, as well as sick leave.
Career Path in Company Secretary
A Company Secretary course includes three levels of professional examination: foundation, executive, and professional.
Students who have passed the senior secondary (10 2 or equivalent) inspection of a board/university established by Indian legislation or any examination recognized by the central government as comparable can participate in the CS foundation program.
All graduates and postgraduates (excluding fine arts) are exempt from the foundation program and may go directly to the executive agenda.
After qualifying for the executive/professional program, one must undergo 15 months of training at a firm or under the supervision of a practicing CS.
In addition, one must complete 15 days of mandatory training with the registrar of companies, stock exchanges, and designated regulators, as well as 15 days of compulsory Management Skills Orientation Program (MSOP).
Students who complete the professional course and training can become associate members of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
How to become a CS?
Once you have passed your 10+2 or equivalent, you are qualified to proceed to the following three phases to pursue a Company Secretary (CS) Course:
- Executive Programme Foundation Programme
- Professional Development Program
Students who want to start the CS degree immediately after graduation, on the other hand, may forgo the Foundation Programme.
Do you like to learn how to become a Company Secretary? The following is a comprehensive list of themes covered in the different levels of a CS Course.
1. The Foundation Program (4 Papers)
- Entrepreneurship and the Business Environment
- Economics of Business
- Business management, ethics, laws, and communication are all topics that will be covered.
- Accounting and Auditing Fundamentals
2. Program for Executives (7 Papers)
- Economic and Commercial Laws
- Company Law Economic
- Tax Laws and Procedures
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Accounts and Auditing Procedures in a Corporation
- General, Labor, and Industrial Laws
- Securities and Capital Markets Laws
3. Professional Development Program (9 Papers)
- Corporate Restructuring
- Valuation and Insolvency:
- Advanced Company Law and Practice.
- Financial, Treasury, and Forex Management
- Ethics, Governance, and Sustainability
- Information Technology and Systems Audit
MODULE 3: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND SYSTEMS AUDIT
- Tax Law and Practice at a Higher Level
- Electives for Drafting, Appearances
- Pleadings (You may choose one of five subjects.)
- Banking Regulation and Practice
- Law and Practice of Insurance
- Capital, commodity, and money markets are all examples of financial markets.
- Intellectual Property Laws and Practices
- Law of Personal Property Rights
Criteria for Eligibility
A prospective company secretary candidate must pass three steps. Foundation, Intermediate, and Final are the three phases.
The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Students who have completed class 12 must enroll in the ICSI Foundation Course. The course is scheduled to last eight months. The system must be completed within three years after admission.
- Students who have completed the ICSI Foundation Course can enroll in the ICSI Intermediate Course.
- Students who have completed the ICSI Intermediate course are eligible to enroll in the final level of the ICSI course.
- The subsequent step is to go through rigorous practice. Students should receive short-term training after finishing the final level of the course.
- The practical training obtained at the intermediate level and after the final level aids in getting ICAI Associate membership.
- Students are qualified to become Associate Company Secretaries after completing their program.
- The primary route of a company secretary’s career does not begin until they are eligible as an Associate Company Secretary.
Dates for CS Exam in India
ICSI administers the CS Exam twice a year, in December and June. Candidates who want to become Company Secretaries must pass both the foundation and executive levels. Every year, the following are the projected cutoff dates for the CS test in December and June.
December Exam Session
June Exam Session
31 March 2022
30 September 2022
28 February 2022 (Both Modules)
31 May 2022 (Single Module)
31 August 2022 (Both Modules)
30 November 2022 (Single Module)
CS course Application Process
If you’re wondering how to become a corporate secretary, here’s a list of the papers you’ll need to apply for a CS course:
- Recent Photographs
- A secondary school certificate or equivalent issued by CBSE or ICSE is required to verify the date of birth.
- Consolidated mark sheet from the CBSE or ICSE Higher Secondary Certificate exam or equivalent
- If you take the HSC or its CBSE/ICSE equivalent, the education board will provide you with a roll number.
- Medical Certificate Copies of passing certificates with mark sheets for BCom, MCom, or CA students
- Exemptions for SC/ST/OBC need a caste certificate.
- Aadhar Card, PAN Card, a valid driving license, or a passport are required.
CS full form in computer
What is the full form of CS in computer?
Computer Science (CS) is the scientific and practical study of the concepts and applications of computers.
The study of computing and computing systems is known as computer science.
Artificial intelligence, computer systems and networks, security, database systems, human-computer interaction, vision and graphics, numerical analysis, programming languages, software engineering, bioinformatics, and computing theory are essential topics of study in computer science.
Although understanding how to program is necessary for studying computer science, it is simply one aspect of the subject.
Computer programmers create and understand the efficiency of algorithms to solve codes and study the efficiency of a laptop’s hardware and software.
Computer scientists face problems ranging from the abstract – determining what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them – to the tangible – designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, are easy to use, and adhere to security measures.
Graduates of the University of Maryland’s Computer Science Department are lifelong learners who can adapt swiftly to this demanding sector.
Computer Science Colleges in India
- National Institute of Technology Bombay
- National Institute of Technology Delhi
- National Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- BITS Pilani, which is popularly known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani and BITS Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Birla Institute of Technology, Patna
What does a CS engineer do?
Computer Science engineers are primarily concerned with designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining computer hardware and software.
They are in charge of ensuring the smooth operation of the components of software programming and the components of hardware systems.
They are in charge of managing operating systems and network design, setup, and testing.
They ensure that their customers have a trouble-free computing experience.
Computer science engineers play a critical role. They are active in a variety of computer-related activities.
Their responsibilities include creating individual microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers and building circuits and programming software that runs the computers.
Scope of CS Engineering in India and overseas
The CS industry is a thriving one. India has established itself as a leader in the IT business, with its experts in high demand worldwide.
Candidates from India are in excellent order by IT behemoths in the United States and Europe.
India has emerged as the leading outsourcing destination for IT firms from across the globe.
India has one of the world’s most significant technical workforces. India’s software business has grown at a breakneck pace in recent years.
There is a high need for computer science engineers in India and abroad.
The job market is quite robust for computer science engineering students, with prospects in IT and non-IT firms. Non-IT companies employ these students in addition to traditional IT careers.
There are job openings at universities, private and public firms, research, the industrial sector, and commercial and business groups.
IT firms create jobs in their development, design, manufacturing, maintenance, and assembly divisions.
The IT firm is responsible for creating the following job careers:
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
It would not be incorrect to argue that the IT sector provides a solid worldwide employment opportunity.
The variety of professions and career opportunities available overseas is wide.
These possibilities are not confined to IT firms; applicants may work in an industry where these talents are required.
India’s top IT talent has landed coveted employment overseas. Indian computer science engineers have played an essential role in the growth and development of the IT industry in Australia, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
Career and Job Opportunities after CS Engineering
- Web developer and designer
- QA Engineer
- QA Test Lead
- System Database Administrator
- Computer Programmer
Average Salary of CS Engineer
A Computer Engineer’s annual pay is $5,08,600 (42,385 per month), which is $1,21,100 more than the national average wage in India.
A Computer Engineer can earn a starting income of $2,71,800 on average. The highest-paying jobs may earn more than 1450,000 dollars per year.
Here we discussed CS Full form in commerce as Company Secretary and Full form in the computer as Computer Science.
The above two are very widely used meanings of CS there may be many full forms of CS that are not widely used.
If any other full form you find and should be included here informs us.
There are two different full forms of CS, in commerce, it is Company Secretary, and in the computer, it is Computer Science.